Monday, October 8, 2012

If you don't have a studio..........

 I am an "on-site" photographer, which means I don't have an actual studio. This setup works great in the warmer months as we are in Wisconsin and have some of the most beautiful outdoor backdrops around. Natural lighting makes for the best pictures so this is an ideal way to shoot photographs anyway. 
 
However, in the Winter things can get a little tricky. I am still able to shoot photographs, just not as many children or families due to the harsh winter. However, outdoor photos with snow make for some of the most beautiful engagement shots or senior photos!
 
I have also developed a small portable setup I take with me when I shoot newborn photos, or pictures of infants. Because this setup is portable and the clients are small I am able to take these photos in the winter. A room with lots of natural light works perfectly fine for these little babies and makes for some beautiful shots, without having to go outdoors. Here are some examples of that kind of portrait.
 
 
 
This little sweetie is more than happy to be indoors with heat and her cozy blanket :)

I strongly encourage any parents out there to consider newborn pictures. There is no better way to capture those fleeting baby moments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment